Online-Training: SMED - Setup time optimisation
During the development of Lean Production the optimisation and minimisation of setup times became an important tool to recognise flowing processes with high variance.
In today´s industrialised life the goal of „zero setup time” is an important component in achieving a continuous improvement process. Short setup times are preconditions for frequent product changes and enable a flexible organisation with a production oriented to the customers` requirements. This eliminates many types of waste, such as overproduction and inventory. The setup time optimisation is the main factor in one-piece-flow-, just-in-time- and just-in-sequence-production.
General Managers, plant managers, managers and specialists from production, production-related areas.
- You know how to reduce setup time utilising the know-how of the employees
- You understand the basics of SMED
- You can implement setup time optimisations
- Introduction: „About change“
- Basic SMED – setup time optimisation
- Focus on types of waste – basic strategy of process improvement
- Realising that setting up is not value-adding but wasteful!
- Reasons to optimise setup time
- Correlation between setup time and lot size
- Determining the actual status of the setup time
- Optimising setup time
Optimisation of setup-time: 8 steps to setup time „zero“:
- Setup time – actual status
- Classification of activities
- Elimination of waste
- Relocate actions to external setup
- Minimise internal setup
- Minimise external setup
- Creation of standards
- Continuous improvement – CIP
These 8 steps will allow you to reduce the setup time from hours to minutes and seconds.
Online lecture, practical exercises/simulation and case studies, group work, discussion and exchange of experiences
At the end you will receive a certificate of successful participation in the training “SMED – Setup time optimisation”.